A while back some of us were talking about Portland Landing and Mossy Oak's management and massive planting, managing soil pH, etc... I found some pictures of a field that MO planted its brassicas on. Talk about a good-looking brassicas field and it got hammered that Jan-Feb. I guess that was a 5 plus acre field.

The picture of the guy below (is NOT me) with the very nice buck is from LA and he came for 5 days and left with two bow-killed P&Y bucks.

The picture of the three kids are my sons on the outside and my buddy's son (he was involved with MO) in the middle. I am thinking these pictures were taken around 2005 or 06.

Anyway, I forget how big this field was... big... but it was all brassicas and it was green, high and thick and it got hammered towards the middle of Jan - March which put many deer entering the green-up in pretty healthy condition which provides a head-start in antler development for the upcoming fall or so believed by me to be the case! I can't quote a study though!! grin

That place was amazing and I guess it all starts with the foundation of quality dirt!

Last edited by Bucktrot; 06/25/12 09:12 AM.