Originally Posted by jwalker77
Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by jwalker77
When said child graduates, he/she needs to be figuring something out pretty quick. If they are going to college, they might get a little slack but not much. Gona have to work. Also, when they turn 16yo and start driving/dating, they better have something figured out about that. Im not funding their social life, thats their business. To answer your question, i would say its a process, which around here begins well before they are teenagers. My son started paying for some things when he was 10-11yo. I do run a small business and a farm so work opportunities are readily available around here. The kids have been working with us in the orchard since they were old enough to tote a basket of peaches or a watermelon. Joseph has been going on treejobs with me since he was 11-12yo. They both buy alot of their personal type stuff already. I just make sure they have the opportunity to work and make the money to buy those things.

Ummmkay. My Son who is 19 and works 7-12s and will only hunt with me a handful of times this year, needs to PAY A MEMBERSHIP FEE just because he's graduated Highschool? In our club if a child is out of school they're considered guests and have to pay the guest fees, however your spouse or children can hunt with you the last 2 weeks of the season

I didnt realize he was talking about a hunting club. I thought he was talking about being a paying member if the family. Sorry. I dont think i was the only one who made that mistake.

I would say there’s a line somewhere that has to be drawn. Hunting as a guest is one thing. Hunting as a member is another. However, you also don’t want to discourage young men who work from getting in a quality club. That could cause us to lose even more hunters. At the same time, you don’t want folks to get 2 memberships for one. This sometimes happens with hunting spouses.