Originally Posted by FurFlyin
The perspective mount lets you view a wide area, but the perspective view takes a lot of time on the water to get to where you can ID things. I only used it a couple times. IMO, no you don't need the perspective mount. The standard mount that comes with it will mount directly to your trolling motor shaft

Which unit do they have on sale? I finally found the ad. I wanted to make sure it wasn't the 93 SV. That's what I have and they no longer offer updates for it. The UHD is supposed to be the newest one, I think.

So I bought the livescope and gotta say that I shouldn't have been such a cheapskate and waited so long to get one. I mounted it to the motor on the TM and put it in the forward position. Went crappie fishing with a friend today on a private lake and we found a big school suspended in open water and caught them until we got tired of it. We probably would have caught 8 or 10 fish without it.

Installing it was harder than I expected because the wiring in my boat wasn't big enough to handle it. I had to pull bigger wires through, and I can tell it uses a lot more power than I expected. I may have to add another battery, but it looks like it will make fishing a lot more fun. I have a cable steer TM, and that lets me aim it in whatever direction I want without turning the TM on. Thanks for telling me not to buy the perspective mount. I don't see any reason I would ever need it.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.