Third sit on new club this year. I watched a big 6 still in full velvet on Thursday afternoon go into a bottom to feed on white oaks. The wind was right to go in there yesterday afternoon. First time in, climber on my back. Walked in to where I saw the buck headed and found the sign. Climbed up the tree settled in by 3:00. He came in behind me feeding on white oaks. I stopped him at 28 yds but there was some leaves between me and his lungs. I remember shooting over a limb and I guess aiming forward “a touch” to miss the leaves. Well, I really hit forward. I saw blood fly immediately. He bounced off 40 yds and stopped. Then just kind of trotted up the hill until I lost him. I shot him at 4:05. Climbed down at 4:45 and checked arrow. Good blood at the hit site. Went back to camp and waited on my son to come help me after his hunt. Picked up the track 3 hours later and found him walking an easy blood trail and hour later. Went about 350 yds. Big cutting broadhead saved me on another less than stellar shot. This turned out to be a big 6, but not the velvet one. My buddy actually had him on camera near by in a field. I’m thinking he’s 4.5. What say the experts?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]