Originally Posted by joshm28
A non union shop will outproduce a union shop 8 days a week. This has been proven time after time. Anyone who thinks “rich investors” are the largest problem at the mines in question are uninformed or worse. Most “UMWA Contracts” stipulate 95-100% medical coverage with little to none employee paid portions. Those cost have gone up 500% since Obama. Most businesses operate of a net margin less than 12%. Insurance cost alone can erode this number significantly. Business have had to get creative in order to still offer good benefits yet still turn a profit. There’s only so much money you can squeeze from a turnip. I have friends on both sides of the Shoal Creek Mine contract negotiations so I’m not making assumptions based on just one side of the argument. Union guys absolutely tend to forget some of these things. Just like the MSM the union controls ALL communication to the miners. Take that how ever you want.

UPS is a union company and I don't see anyone out producing them. So this doesn't hold water. And UPS employees pay zero for their insurance. I guess if other non-union companies had the intelligence of the people running UPS they could be profitable and have their insurance paid. That obviously aint happening for most of y'alls companies you work for.

"Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it."