Originally Posted By: BSK
NightHunter,

My toes don't feel stepped on. wink

The Deep South may be different, although I would be shocked if it was as QDM first gained traction there, but both KY and TN have displayed continuously decreasing yearling buck harvests, without ARs or anything other than a more limited buck bag limit. Again, we have quite a few counties in TN, under a 3 buck bag limit, where yearlings have gone from making up 75% of the harvest to now only making 30-40% of the harvest, and 3 1/2+ year-old bucks have gone from making up less than 5% of the harvest to now making up 25% of the harvest.

In that situation, why limit hunters unnecessarily? They are doing a great job all on their own.

I will always promote QDM as a voluntary effort. I don't want to see state wildlife agencies forcing all hunters to practice it.

I agree. I am not sure of the answer just yet myself. I like the thought of DMAP coming back into effect and being able to manage our properties that way but I am not sure where that leaves the rest of the private properties in the state...