Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
BC, I wonder if that 12 gauge was ever even sold in the USA? Yildiz makes a lot of other models besides the few that Academy imports, and apparently Academy is the sole importer right now. They make a 20 gauge SxS with double triggers that I would prefer over the single trigger, but its not sold here.

You guys are giving me great ideas on my next turkey gun. I can't find any kind of 20 gauge SxS that compares with the Yildiz in weight. At 5.3 lbs, that's gonna be hard to beat. The gun probably won't hold up well to skeet shooters that put 1000s of rounds thru it every year, but I probably wouldn't shoot the thing 100 times in my life.

So I'm thinking about buying one, getting my gunsmith to cut about 4" off the 28" barrels and getting overall length down to 40". then rethreading it for Remington chokes or some other common brand. Get him to do whatever is necessary to mount the FFIII; that might require some welding in addition to drilling and tapping. Smooth the trigger to break at about 3.5 lbs, then have it camo dipped. Get Hal to sell me some more #9 tss and that 1 and 7/8 oz recipe he has, and do a little testing to find the right chokes. Definitely want an open choke on one barrel and a turkey choke on the other. Install swivels and a sling.

Sounds like the ultimate turkey gun for an old man that's quickly getting older. Oughta be close to 5 lbs and 40" long.

With my luck, I'd do all that and the barrels would shoot 2' apart at 40. Somebody talk me outa this. wink

You could probably get the gunsmith to fix that while he's doing all the other stuff.

I just pulled the trigger on the Yildiz .410. Hopefully the thing will shoot tight enough with the full choke barrel to suit me.... because I don't want a gunsmith to do anthing to it but cut the stock to fit me better. I may end up getting the barrels threaded for Remington chokes, but we shall see....