Originally Posted by Shaw
Originally Posted by kodiak06
I always said I wouldn't use them on elk and am now convinced.

So you were “convinced” and had time to jump on here and post about it before having all the facts. Ok…… That’s the problem I have with this thread. You jump on here posting about a mechanical failing to open. The same bullchit excuse I’ve heard a thousand times to cover up poor shot placement or not properly maintaining your equipment. I’ve heard the same bullchit excuse about losing animals and no blood trails because of fixed heads also because of poor shot placement. You didn’t backpedal until you were called out on it then started calling people names. And for the record, if I ever get the chance to bow hunt elk, I will most likely go the fixed head route. With my setup, a mechanical would be too risky due penetration, not because I’m afraid it won’t open.

I was convinced because i know the individual that shot the bull lol. I never back pedaled, just posted facts as they came. A few of ya jumped the gun like i was making shucks up, obvious by your comments. Just called one guy a moron for his reference to a 12 year ild and one a dick after he constantly tried to make the post more than it was. The OP was fact and accurate, it failed to open. Im done and you can try to twist it how ya please but, i never blamed the head, just passed a fact. My release mechanically failed today when i was using it as a “figit” hiking my death march uphill btw. Luckily i carry a twin in my pack