I got a theory that kinda seems like “Well duhhh”…..but maybe it isn’t ……But like I was talking about in the thread about deer health…..I would imagine that the health of a turkey or quail is just as dynamic as far as their needs…. especially when you start looking at the different nutritional needs within the different stages of growth. Like I said it’s just a guess but I’d imagine that the timing of the blooming of these different native plant species coincides directly with the nutritional needs of the young birds at that particular time. Each of those plants are drawing in particular insect species and its very likely that those are the ones that contain their current nutrient needs…..The general concept is what I’m after here…..Right now and over the last few weeks there has been a real boom in the amount of flowering species and in turn the amount of insect life has boomed with it…….which ought to coincide with the time when young turkey chicks are growing full steam and need an abundance of food……which would make sense…….Nature has a design to what’s occurring and why.

We dont rent pigs