Originally Posted by Here4fun
Ive been turkey hunting over 47 years and have killed a lot of gobblers in my life. Ive hunted them in over 15 states. Ive have shot over 10 gobblers a year many times in different states. I have 8 grand slams.

I hardly ever use decoys but I dang sure like the option if I want to use one.

Im too old to want to tote the weight of them these days and I usually dont tote a vest now except when taking a decoy or 2 after a field bird. I just carry a slate in one cargo pocket, a few strikers in another and a few mouth calls which is what I kill 99% of my turkeys with and an inflatable belt seat cushion. Easier for me going up and down hills at 60. Ill tote a thermacell if the bugs are bad too. Thats about it.

Ive hunted turkeys before there was decoys. And before there was camo, fancy "Turkey" shotguns, red dot sites, "turkey" shells , TSS loads, blinds, commercial calls other than the Lynch Foolbox box as well as a bunch of the things that I bet you use everyday that makes it "easier" to Kill gobblers.

I dont think any of those should be "outlawed" either but using your logic since they ALL make turkey hunting "easier" they should be. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

Im not against fanning a bird either, ambushing one, low crawling to kill one either. Ive a done a bunch of all three on henned up or tough to kill birds.

Ive killed them in the fall too in some states when I was younger too. Heck, Ive even hunted them with dogs up north in New York state in the fall. My buddy had a Turkey dog called "Kee Kee'. Shed bust em up and we would call them back in Kee keeing.

Ive done it all and was just as happy with each gobbler. Im just into killing gobblers. As many as I legally can in a year anyway I can get them. I am surely NOT into adding any more rules, regulations or shortening of the seasons anymore. Guess Im old fashioned that way.

Im a live and let live kinda guy. Enjoy life and the outdoors and if a person wants to use a decoy, or a blind , or TSS , or a fancy camo ten gauge semi auto shotgun, the latest call, heck even "Hen in Heat "Scent well than good luck to them and have at it.

Im not forcing my ways of hunting on anyone and I think we have enough turkey regs without making up stupid ones like "No Decoys for 1st 10 days". That is without a doubt the stupidest regulation I have ever seen in all my years and travels turkey hunting.

Here’s my final post on the subject.

The hypocrisy here is it’s not “my logic” it’s actually yours. You identified all the things folks use that makes things easier for today’s hunter, I never disagreed with any of that. I simply stated that I personally like the rules that make things harder than they are. I like that the law about decoys makes it harder because I don’t want to see turkey hunting end up like duck hunting. To Clem’s point, I don’t have data, it’s just an opnion that early season turkeys are easier killed by unskilled turkey hunters using decoys than by those same unskilled hunters without a decoy.

Because you feel so strongly about your opinion, you decided to put a resume’ in your post.