Somebody is gonna read this and hopefully connect the dots ……Take what I just showed and consider what I said about the pokeweed in that it seems to need the richest spots to establish and grow……Also consider that pokeweed seems to be one of the more preferred natural browse species……I’d rank it in the top ten anyways from what I’ve seen so there's most likely a reason the deer prefer it so much……Now think about the study that just came out not too long ago that said that a pokeweed had the same nutrient content within it whether it was grown in Alabama or Iowa…..the difference in the amount of high quality bucks being killed was due the AMOUNT of high quality forage available....

To me, when I take all of those things and put them together I come up with the idea that if I can make the land produce more of an abundance of the higher quality plants then I should be able to produce better higher quality bucks……and what is it that is effecting species composition and determining which of those plants I’m able to grow like pokeweed???.....and effecting the abundance in which I'm able to grow it??? It’s the richness of the soil......and soil organic matter plays a big role in that….. and the chittier the soil the more it impact it has.

Last edited by CNC; 07/21/21 10:00 AM.

We dont rent pigs