I just cut my whitetail fusion plots saturday. When I look at them or walk around them, I can't tell how much traffic is on them, but when I start cutting, I can see for sure. They do fine as long as we get some good rain. The PlotSpike clover mix from TS is good too. Its' doing really well on the side of my biggest green field, that I would say is pretty crusty. Stuff just doesn't really grow well over there, but this stuff seems to. And the deer have kept it mowed.

What I think helps it though is I cut the fall cereal grains with a flail mower, and that left a really good covering of "mulch" so that helps hold in some of the moisture, not that we are lacking for rain as of late. I also noticed the alfalfa from the 1 bag of alfa rack I spread around a couple of fields was stating to come in pretty good too.

Two of my fusion plots I ripped up with a subsoiler last fall before I planted them. They are doing pretty good. The clover seems to spread when you cut them for whatever reason. Try some whitetail clover, plant it in the fall, with some cereal grains, and then in the spring mow it and add some 0-20-20 fertilizer. The other field I just disked and I notice the fusion but more particularily the clover in it was spreading into the parts of the field that I have struggled to get to grow anything. If you have a spot that gets a ton of direct sunlight, try fusion or alfa rack.