I figured I’d share some more pics with this group. The first several are from my club. This group of hens successfully hatched a nice group of poults.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am not satisfied with my poult production on the local farm. I still have a lot of work to do there as for predator management. I will say it’s better than use to be and I’m seeing some progress. The first picture I got this morning in my chufa plot. The poults appear to be a couple weeks old. I may personally be the reason this hen only has 4 poults. I damaged a nest with 7 eggs while doing tractor work had been recently laid. The hen was most likely in the process of laying her clutch. This was the same day I almost got the hen and hatched poults. So as I stated in that thread tractor work is off limits for me if I can’t get it done early. Anyway this hen has 4 poults that look to be a few weeks old. The second picture is one I posted a month ago with 7 fuzz balls. So two of the hens on this farm successfully hatched 12 poults that I know about. Hopefully they make it to adulthood as that would be pretty significant for this specific property.

Today

[Linked Image]

Month Ago

[Linked Image]

I know I do a lot of complaining on here but I’m extremely passionate about the Wild Turkey. It makes me sick to my stomach to see multiple states signing on to some of this hog wash being spread far and wide that as very little to do with putting poults on the ground. I’ll continue to do what I’m able to do that has produced results. It’s definitely not the best I’m capable of, but a little bit of my help is better than nothing.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes to us at midnight very clean.
It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."