So take this with a little perspective and not as if its ALL or NOTHING……..But when I look at nature and the way our overall ecosystem is designed to function here in our part of the world……the beaver is a key specie to making all of that function the way it was designed. I don’t see why we are forming such a negative association with them…..It looks like we would mold our way of doing things around them a little more instead of trying to eradicate them so we can force our way upon the land. Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone needs to let beavers take over their place……we can still bring in the same concepts and designs…….like thinning the trash out of the watersheds using H&S …or building small duck ponds along the watersheds.....…although if it were my place and it was a recreational hunting property…….I’d want beavers to inhabit as much of my watershed as they wanted to. It’s preforming a number of functions that makes the whole ecosystem around it thrive better. I think I could find a way to incorporate low water crossings or other solutions than to exterminate the beavers……I tromp across a lot of miles of habitat during hunting season looking for deer and without fail beaver swamps are THE most infested areas for buck sign.

Last edited by CNC; 06/11/21 12:55 PM.

We dont rent pigs