I appreciate that Marsh……..but saying that everyone else is trying to get rid of them is not true. There are days in the spring when the sky is so thick with smoke around here that you cant see the sun for it. People aren’t just doing that because they like the smell of smoke……They are burning to promote the growth of native understory vegetation. Why? Because it’s the foundation block for supporting wildlife populations. The highest deer density properties I go to are nothing but a sea of understory vegetation….thousands of contiguous acres of plants y’all like to call “weeds”.

I see a way that I believe would allow you to produce a much more prolific understory than what is even being done now by using different management practices that focus on rotationally recycling the carbon back to the soil. The soil is, after all, the foundation block for the vegetation we're trying to produce. So it makes sense if we first and foremost try to manage it as productively as possible. Many folks are already using these methods to manage land around the world in this manner. What only a handful have done so far, that I’m aware of, is to use these methods to manage a hunting operation. I believe there is the potential for some of these hunting “plantations” as well as other landowners to manage their operations more profitably and productively by using cattle or other grazers as their tool for setting back succession of the understory……Maximizing the return that the land is capable of producing. Right now people don’t combine the uses like the potential exists for. Not only would you be adding the income produced from the cattle and/or other grazers, but I also firmly believe that you would increase the productivity of the wildlife if managed correctly. I've got a small test area built here that I'm now ready to rotate a few cows or sheep around on if I want to. I'd like to see it done on a much larger scale though. I think the results would be pretty awesome to see.

Last edited by CNC; 06/09/21 08:03 AM.

We dont rent pigs