Originally Posted by Squeaky
Originally Posted by dBmV
I feel your pain. I had a solid group of members on my main lease for 6-7 years. One guy died and another one decided he didn't want to hunt snymore. Since then it has been a pain in the was to keep looking for a new guy every year or 2. I really wish you were closer to me. I'd let my other stuff go and be all in as just a regular old member. Probably save me money in the long run too. GLWS

I tell you as you probably already know, finding new members each year absolutely sucks! It is a major pain in my rear-end and the one thing I dislike about being the president of the club!! I have had a great group every year with the exception of a few here and there. I lost two great members this year due to family reasons and the other had to move to TN so he was over 6 hrs away. After 2 seasons of that drive he decided it was time to look for something closer to home. I'm surprised it took him 2 seasons to make that decision. We do offer a great club and he knew it would not be easily replaced. I am 2 hrs away myself and I do not like the drive but I can't replace what we have closer to home.

We killed 4 bucks over 130" this past season so our club will be hard to beat for what is available/provided at the current cost.

I had 3 year run after a couple of my original guys had to drop out our lease due to health and family issues where I was dealing with the one and done guys. I finally talked a couple buddies into taking the spots and haven’t had to deal with finding the right members for a few years. Also don’t have to look for anyone again this year. Heck I got one guy that’s been a member for 2 years now and have never stepped foot on the place. He paid his membership again this year. He’s a contractor and stays real busy but he keeps his spot just in case he can one day make a trip.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.