</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
For Sale: 2011 F150 Supercrew Cab
by LetOff. 06/07/24 12:45 PM
30-30 ammo for sale
by Ron A.. 06/07/24 10:11 AM
Dog crate
by Rem870s2. 06/07/24 09:33 AM
FS: Summit 180 Climber
by FreeStateHunter. 06/07/24 08:49 AM
FS: Browning Trail Cameras, Cell and regular
by FreeStateHunter. 06/07/24 08:42 AM
Serious Deer Talk
Permission to retrieve deer
by Joe4majors. 06/07/24 01:03 PM
Fawn Predation
by Goatkiller. 06/07/24 10:24 AM
New Tracking Rules
by Bustinbeards. 06/07/24 09:33 AM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by CNC. 06/06/24 06:43 PM
Here you go CNC
by CNC. 06/05/24 09:23 PM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Who's Online Now
121 registered members (Bull64, centralala, huntdeer13, Morgan, 000buck, hamma, jacannon, znix123, OutdoorsAL, J_K, Cactus_buck, Mansfield, SouthBamaSlayer, Woodsy, Lonster, Shane99, Skullworks, outdoorguy88, Hoytdad10, Goatkiller, Young20, CeeHawk37, bamaeyedoc, AU7MM08, Whiskey9, JLMiller, trlrdrdave, kyles, BPI, G/H, JDW25, Ryano, MTeague, cullbuck, pvillehunter, DEDTRKY, jb20, 2walnuts, deadeye48, hawndog, JohnnyLoco, AuGrayghost, JohnG, BamaPlowboy, Bows4evr, Gobble4me757, Team_Stuckem, Overland, hunter84, Livintohunt19, gcr0003, Shaneomac2, Camden86, Rem870s2, furnfeather, giftedkiller, KnightRyder, NVM1031, geeb1, Ar-Humter, Safetyman, HURRICANE, auman, NWFJ, Whitetaillane, Bowfish, Jbf, Joe4majors, dsmc, IDOT, PineTop, KENT, sawdust, clayk, Fishduck, CAL, TwoRs, GomerPyle, canine933, ronfromramer, LetOff, bama_earl, catdoctor, bug54, Dean, USeeMSpurs, mjs14, Ruger7mag, Solothurn, Ridge Life, Calvin, BOFF, South Ala Hunter, oldbowhunter, YellaLineHunter, Bmyers142, Bustinbeards, Whild_Bill, limabean, Tree Dweller, Atoler, BentBarrel, trailertrash, Floorman1, timberwolfe, bamamed1, BBD23, dave260rem!, UncleHuck, 1faststang, MCW, lthrstkg1, CatfishJunkie, 8 invisible), 671 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404193
05/06/21 06:01 PM
05/06/21 06:01 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
What I don't get it was legal with a permit before why chage now. I don't know of any body that has been turned for hunting hogs at night.

Just like the deer baiting bill it's about money not conservation

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404211
05/06/21 06:58 PM
05/06/21 06:58 PM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
it ALL about the money.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: BhamFred] #3404314
05/06/21 09:45 PM
05/06/21 09:45 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
Originally Posted by BhamFred
it ALL about the money.

It's damn hard not to agree when you read or listen to what they say .

They passed the baiting bill with a fee because it would cost the fine revenue if they did add the fee.

This saved the GW no time to devote to other crimes cause they still have to check hunters at baited sites to see if he's legal . Will be the same with the night hunting . GM sees you out they gonna check

It's BS

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Clem] #3404340
05/06/21 11:02 PM
05/06/21 11:02 PM
Central Al
twaldrop4 Offline
10 point
twaldrop4  Offline
10 point
Central Al
Originally Posted by Clem
Apparently the coyote-hog nighttime "privilege license" has been signed off and is done.

$15 for residents and $51 for non-residents to hunt hogs and coyotes at night without going through the depredation permitting stuff.

To recap, if you hunt deer over bait and also hogs-coyotes, you will need to buy:

- a hunting license for $28.20
- the coyote-hog privilege license, $15
-- the baiting privilege license, $15

That comes to $58.20 a year IF you choose to buy those. They're not mandatory. But if you want to shoot a hog or coyote at night and be legal, you're supposed to have it.

Sixty bucks adds up if you have a couple of kids. Wife, 2-3 kids, yourself, and now you're at $240 or more. For nonresidents with land in the state, they're getting screwed even more.

For those of us with Lifetime Licenses, now are being told that our "privilege" comes at added cost. That's BS.

I've seen several "Aw, it's just $15 bucks" comments on BookFace. But this is the second "aw, it's just $15 bucks" licesen added in the last couple of years. Next will be something else. And then something else. And then something else. Possibly a "privilege license" to use a bow or muzzleloader or centerfire gun.

Once they start, they won't stop. This is only the beginning.

Totally agree. I bought a lifetime license in 07 and WON’T spend another dime for a “privilege” of any kind. Especially from something that just gets shoved down our throats

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404356
05/07/21 12:49 AM
05/07/21 12:49 AM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
Like ever other tax , it'll only go up

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: twaldrop4] #3404371
05/07/21 05:21 AM
05/07/21 05:21 AM
Bass, Alabama
S
Slider Offline
spike
Slider  Offline
spike
S
Bass, Alabama
Originally Posted by twaldrop4
Apparently the coyote-hog nighttime "privilege license" has been signed off and is done.

$15 for residents and $51 for non-residents to hunt hogs and coyotes at night without going through the depredation permitting stuff.

To recap, if you hunt deer over bait and also hogs-coyotes, you will need to buy:

That comes to $58.20 a year IF you choose to buy those. They're not mandatory. But if you want to shoot a hog or coyote at night and be legal, you're supposed to have it.

Sixty bucks adds up if you have a couple of kids. Wife, 2-3 kids, yourself, and now you're at $240 or more. For nonresidents with land in the state, they're getting screwed even more.

For those of us with Lifetime Licenses, now are being told that our "privilege" comes at added cost. That's BS.

I've seen several "Aw, it's just $15 bucks" comments on BookFace. But this is the second "aw, it's just $15 bucks" licesen added in the last couple of years. Next will be something else. And then something else. And then something else. Possibly a "privilege license" to use a bow or muzzleloader or centerfire gun.

Totally agree. I bought a lifetime license in 07 and WON’T spend another dime for a “privilege” of any kind. Especially from something that just gets shoved down our throats

To my knowledge, nobody is forcing you to hunt over corn, or hunt hogs or coyotes at night? How’s that being forced down your throat?

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Clem] #3404373
05/07/21 05:32 AM
05/07/21 05:32 AM
Vinegar bend
JLedbetter Offline
3 point
JLedbetter  Offline
3 point
Vinegar bend

If your that concerned about $60 a year, you may need to step back and reevaluate things a little.

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: JLedbetter] #3404399
05/07/21 06:55 AM
05/07/21 06:55 AM
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nightwatchman Offline
8 point
Nightwatchman  Offline
8 point
Tuscaloosa, AL
Originally Posted by JLedbetter

If your that concerned about $60 a year, you may need to step back and reevaluate things a little.

Wrong thing to say here buddy. If you can't figure out why everyone is pissed that licenses continue to get more expensive every year, you are the one who needs to reevaluate.

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: JLedbetter] #3404402
05/07/21 06:57 AM
05/07/21 06:57 AM
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nightwatchman Offline
8 point
Nightwatchman  Offline
8 point
Tuscaloosa, AL

I bet you're pro physical deer tags too.

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Nightwatchman] #3404414
05/07/21 07:14 AM
05/07/21 07:14 AM
Vinegar bend
JLedbetter Offline
3 point
JLedbetter  Offline
3 point
Vinegar bend
Originally Posted by Nightwatchman

Wrong thing to say here buddy. If you can't figure out why everyone is pissed that licenses continue to get more expensive every year, you are the one who needs to reevaluate.

Everything gets more expensive every year buddy, ridiculous to think yall cry babies are griping about having to spend .16 cents a day to hunt.

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Nightwatchman] #3404418
05/07/21 07:17 AM
05/07/21 07:17 AM
Vinegar bend
JLedbetter Offline
3 point
JLedbetter  Offline
3 point
Vinegar bend

It really makes me no difference, we do whatever we need to do here in vinegar bend. With that said, everyone wants to have hunting like other states until it's time to do the things other states do.

So tell me, what are the downsides to physical deer tags?

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404434
05/07/21 07:40 AM
05/07/21 07:40 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
lots of "advice" from fkn newbies around here.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Slider] #3404454
05/07/21 08:27 AM
05/07/21 08:27 AM
Central Al
twaldrop4 Offline
10 point
twaldrop4  Offline
10 point
Central Al
Originally Posted by Slider
Originally Posted by twaldrop4

To my knowledge, nobody is forcing you to hunt over corn, or hunt hogs or coyotes at night? How’s that being forced down your throat?

Because all it is, is government overstep and people who simply roll over will be the first ones to whine when it effects something they are interested in. I haven’t hunted over corn in 15 years it doesn’t appeal to me, so the permit is of no consequence other than government overrreach. And I will shoot a coyote or hog whenever I dang well please.

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: JLedbetter] #3404461
05/07/21 08:39 AM
05/07/21 08:39 AM
Central Al
twaldrop4 Offline
10 point
twaldrop4  Offline
10 point
Central Al

This is the logic that has allowed the government in this country to get in the shape it is in. Republican and democrat

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404483
05/07/21 09:30 AM
05/07/21 09:30 AM
Ourtown, AL
BCLC Offline
Old Mossy Horns
BCLC  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ourtown, AL
I’ve got an Out back issued Lifetime License. All privileges included at no additional cost. One key thing you have to agree to before license is issued though. Shut your mouth and don’t post chit on social media about what you kill....PERIOD.

Problem solved.

We’re not dead. We just smell that way. Dayum. - AC870

Yessir! I’m always gonna shoot what makes me happy and I want everyone else to do the same! If you shoot one be proud of it and don’t worry what anyone else thinks. - SJ22
Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: JLedbetter] #3404488
05/07/21 09:48 AM
05/07/21 09:48 AM
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nightwatchman Offline
8 point
Nightwatchman  Offline
8 point
Tuscaloosa, AL

It really makes me no difference, we do whatever we need to do here in vinegar bend. With that said, everyone wants to have hunting like other states until it's time to do the things other states do.

So tell me, what are the downsides to physical deer tags?

You think they will be free? There will be a charge tacked on to licenses to make up thousands of physical deer tags and distribute them to thousands of deer hunters in this state. We will tote the bill for it. Blows my mind how people overlook that kind of thing. It's like people don't have sense enough to understand that all of this crap comes at a cost and we will be the ones paying for it.

I liken hunters who want more regulation to white collar liberals. It makes ZERO sense and they still advocate for stuff like physical deer tags, more "privileges" to pay for, more hunting regs and other crap tacked on to the cost of an already increasingly expensive license. It never stops, and regulations never go away, more just get added.

If you want a physical deer tag, get on a computer, pull up excel and make one, wrap it around a main beam, and pretend your in Iowa. But don't impose that crap on everyone.

Last edited by Nightwatchman; 05/07/21 09:50 AM.
Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404499
05/07/21 10:26 AM
05/07/21 10:26 AM
East Alabama
M
MorningAir Offline
8 point
MorningAir  Offline
8 point
M
East Alabama
I think if lease prices and lease availability keep their current trends , dropping the price of a case of beer on a tag here and there is going to be the last thing anybody needs to argue and worry about.

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404502
05/07/21 10:30 AM
05/07/21 10:30 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Tags don't have to cost a penny. They can be made out of anything and include whatever required info is requested on them before being attached to the deer.

Ohio DNR does this and it works fine without requiring yet another fee from the government.

But thinking "It's just a few more bucks, you should pay it" is how we continue to go down the path of more mandates.

Perhaps we should have commercial hunting lodge licenses paid to the DCNR. These lodges have to have business licenses, but NONE of that money goes to the DCNR, yet these lodges are in business of hunting the animals that belong to everyone, i.e. "the state." So maybe we need a hunting lodge privilege license of several hundred a year, or a tiered system based on land and number of hunters.

Another great idea would be a Guide/Outfitter Privilege License fee, paid annually. Anyone engaged in the act of guiding, outfitting, helping or assisting said guides and outfitters, at hunting or fishing lodges, would be required to pay their fair share.

Fishing guides are using public waters as a commercial business, freshwater and saltwater. Definitely should make sure they're paying their fair share.

Lot of possibilities for more of these "privilege" fees and licenses.

And anyone who doesn't think the "privilege license" for bait will increase from $15 to something more in just a few years, you're delusional. Someone will come up with how it's "such an impact, with all this corn and bait out there!" and will propose to jack it to $25 or $30 in the name of "conservation." And none of y'all buying it will blink an eye.

Alabama's legislators say they're conservative but they're just like the liberals in D.C.: Impose new fees and mandates, wait a few years, increase it, ask for more, hook you into the "pay your fair share" routine, shame others who don't agree, continually want more, reinforce the socialist "for the good of society!" mantra, and take more and more.

Last edited by Clem; 05/07/21 10:56 AM.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Clem] #3404515
05/07/21 11:26 AM
05/07/21 11:26 AM
Tuscaloosa, AL
Nightwatchman Offline
8 point
Nightwatchman  Offline
8 point
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tags don't have to cost a penny. They can be made out of anything and include whatever required info is requested on them before being attached to the deer.

Ohio DNR does this and it works fine without requiring yet another fee from the government.

But thinking "It's just a few more bucks, you should pay it" is how we continue to go down the path of more mandates.

Perhaps we should have commercial hunting lodge licenses paid to the DCNR. These lodges have to have business licenses, but NONE of that money goes to the DCNR, yet these lodges are in business of hunting the animals that belong to everyone, i.e. "the state." So maybe we need a hunting lodge privilege license of several hundred a year, or a tiered system based on land and number of hunters.

Another great idea would be a Guide/Outfitter Privilege License fee, paid annually. Anyone engaged in the act of guiding, outfitting, helping or assisting said guides and outfitters, at hunting or fishing lodges, would be required to pay their fair share.

Fishing guides are using public waters as a commercial business, freshwater and saltwater. Definitely should make sure they're paying their fair share.

Lot of possibilities for more of these "privilege" fees and licenses.

And anyone who doesn't think the "privilege license" for bait will increase from $15 to something more in just a few years, you're delusional. Someone will come up with how it's "such an impact, with all this corn and bait out there!" and will propose to jack it to $25 or $30 in the name of "conservation." And none of y'all buying it will blink an eye.

Alabama's legislators say they're conservative but they're just like the liberals in D.C.: Impose new fees and mandates, wait a few years, increase it, ask for more, hook you into the "pay your fair share" routine, shame others who don't agree, continually want more, reinforce the socialist "for the good of society!" mantra, and take more and more.

If they don't cost anything and can be made up on our own, I guess I don't have a problem with it, but without a standardized tag issued by the state I don't see how its much different than just an honor system...which is basically what we have now with gamecheck

Re: Alabama Regulations next year [Re: Smann] #3404586
05/07/21 02:33 PM
05/07/21 02:33 PM
Free State of Winston
F
FreeStateHunter Offline
They Call Me Gator 🐊
FreeStateHunter  Offline
They Call Me Gator 🐊
F
Free State of Winston
I think the sky is blue, the sun is hot and water is wet

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.