Originally Posted by Narrow Gap
Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by Narrow Gap
Have any of Ya ever been part of a lease where each member has there own area to hunt and that is the only area they can hunt on the entire lease. Each member has 250 acres to hunt on and that is Your area and the only area You as a member has access to hunt. The entire lease is 7000’acres for the club. Opinions welcome and I am trying to decide if this is something I should choose to be part of.

That's what most of the Florida clubs around here went to after baiting became legal down there, and I'm afraid that it's going to come to here. The folks who end up with the "good" spots stay in forever, and they constantly turn over the members who get stuck with the "bad" spots. The bad spots just get new owners every year or two.

Not for me.

That’s what I was thinking with the good areas and bad areas. It just seems too restrictive when every member is helping to pay the whole lease but the members are not getting to enjoy the entire property that they as a whole are helping to pay for. I am leaning heavily against this since my gut is telling me it just does not seem right to me.

I’ve not been in one personally, and I wouldn’t under any circumstance, but I have exactly two friends who have been in clubs where that was the situation. Both had very poor experiences.