Originally Posted by abolt300
IMO the only thing that AU has the ability to discipline or control these kids involvement in are school sanctioned tournaments. If they were fishing local tourneys on their own time, using their own boats which had AU wrap ( I dont think that AU bought a fleet of rangers for the team to use so it is probably safe to assume the boats are privately owned) then frak the AU person that made this call. Whomever it was, should be immediately fired. Only way that the wrap would even come into play was if it was an AU owned boat or AU paid $$ to those kids to put the wrap on their boats to advertise for the University. Neither of which, I'm sure, happened.

This was the reasoning for my question as to who "owned" the boats if having the AU wrap on it and fishing a tournament was the issue. I am like you and highly doubt AU bought and owned the boats. In that case, the kids were using their own personal property in a non university sanctioned tournament, so they have the right to use their own property to fish wherever they wanted.

Last edited by JKlep; 03/30/21 03:12 PM.