I would rather have to spear hunt and be allowed to kill what I want and how many I want versus being allowed to tote 1000 yard sniper rifle and only being allowed 1……… That's hypothetical but I'm just trying to make a point. The current system that’s limits people by “x” number of bucks does not fit the landscape well. You have drastically different populations from area to area and “3” is not the same on every property. Not even close…..The same could be said for doe management.....Managing numbers through going to a more bow hunting oriented system is a better fit in my opinion because harvest numbers would be dictated for the most part by the number of “opportunities”……

For example, with a bow in areas of high deer density it would be possible for a guy to kill say 10+ deer a year because he would likely get plenty of opportunities to shoot…and that would be ok because there are plenty of deer in this scenario and the land can most likely sustain what can be killed with a bow with no problems.. In areas of low deer density the hunter may likely go home having not killed a deer because the two he saw never got into range…..In which case, in this situation from a deer management perspective…..those two deer probably didn’t need to get shot anyways…..( I said from a deer management perspective Clem grin) With a gun they likely would have been……To me this better balances the whole system without having to make a detailed list of everything you can and cant shoot and all the hoops you have to jump through once you do.

Last edited by CNC; 03/07/21 10:04 AM.

We dont rent pigs