Originally Posted by blade
Originally Posted by BhamFred
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
I think the numbers are way lower than actual kill total. I know some farmers that laid several does down last week of the season. No reports. I'm sure they're not the only ones. One of these guys laid down 9 deer in one afternoon a couple years back. He considers deer a pest eating his crops.

I'm willing to bet the illegal kills, night hunting, totals are equal to the reported kill totals.

I always figured the illegal kill was pretty near the legal kill numbers

I definitely believed that at one time, not sure any more. People are too lazy to poach.

I think there are just as many or more not reported as reported. I have heard of several people that don't and wont report deer. They are legally killed not poached and within the limits but not reported. Believe it or not there are a lot of people out there that have private land that manage it well and kill as many deer as they want/need to and don't report them. Doesn't hurt a thing IMO. If "they" are going to use data to do whatever it is "they" are trying to do then use the data you have whatever the number and stop changing how you much you get by guessing how many are not reported. that number simply doesn't matter.