Originally Posted by cartervj
It’s not just DU or DW in pursuit of that all mighty duck dollar.

We got a 6/60 season because of the monetary desires to have one. It was pushed by big government and big corporations. Look at ALL the companies making a lot of bank off of ducks. Same thing happened under market hunting but from a totally different perspective.

Back in the early 90s it was guesstimated that 8 million dollars per day by duck hunters was contributed to the economy of Arkansas. Can only imagine what it is today. The growth in duck hunting came along with longer seasons and larger bag limits. Heck look at Mack’s Prairie Wings store. I used to go to hen it was a hole in the wall. Haven’t even seen the the new store.

I think there is enough blame to go around. DU and DW have went the way of every similar organization prior and will as well in the future. It’s just how it is.

Like the comment I made the other day to my Son and on this board, how much money was lost this year in revenue up and down the Mississippi Flyway because of the crappy duck season? Not only on retail merchandise but guides, outfitters, quick shops, hotels, oil change places and I could go on and on.