What cartridge are you looking to buy brass?

If Lapua makes the brass you are needing then you should buy it. It's only expensive on the front but it will outlast all others. Very consistent weight and thickness, and is as good as it gets IMHO.

I use Nosler for a couple rifles and its very good also. Never had an issue with loose primer pockets. Only issue I've had is tight pockets and needing to uniform the depth with a cutter. The cost of Nosler brass is very high and not a good value. It's NOT better than Lapua but they make a much larger selection. For some cartridges, they are the only manufacturer.

Norma makes excellent quality brass also, but same primer pocket issues as Nosler. When Nosler first got into the brass market, it was manufactured by Norma. Don't know if this is still the case but I suspect it is because of the similarities.

Hornady has stepped into the brass market in a big way and makes good brass at reasonable prices. I've bought some recently and it is pretty consistent also. Probably the best value for quality and price. Haven't shot enough to know if it will last but my first impressions are good.

Current manufacture Winchester brass is garbage.

There are now a few premium brass manufacturing companies in the good ol USA, but the selection is limited. Alpha, ADG and Peterson make match quality brass, but it's not widely distributed.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe