I've had a good season even though I haven't clicked the safety off. I am truly blessed that I was able to buy my place 20 years ago that has a couple of good old hard wood bottoms that circle my house. I decided to let the undergrowth get thick in places and have a good habitat for the deer even though its not a huge property, I join unhunted large property. I feed year around and the deer are low stress, unpressured herd. I do not even go to the back of my property until the right time, right wind. I just was not fortunate enough to get my target buck this year as he was killed across the road from me. I had a lot of history with this deer and got real itchy on him last year. I saw several nice bucks that I let walk and that gave me satisfaction to know the potential for the next year. I guess i have read too much Aldeer and only am going to be happy with the 4+ year old buck. We eat a lot of deer meat, but I have a connection for meat from the place in Waverly where if not picked up than I can buy it at a great price for great meat. So, I read of people that have neighbor problems, thieving issues and I am just happy all around when deer season comes and goes. It's just hard to beat sitting on the porch watching deer cross the road or slip in the back bottom and have a cup of coffee with my binoculars.

To top it off I have two Original Mountain Cur's that won't even bark at a deer, I'm ready for deer hunting season to be over now, that's where its at watching them do their thing. Not my worst season by far.

[Linked Image]

WM Hunter "Trump literally sacrificed himself, his family and all of his businesses for this country.
He literally is a true American hero. And True American Patriot - warts and all."