A place I grew up hunting just never was a good place to see many deer little alone shoot many good bucks. Being young I was trying to let the the does go and raise a good buck. A few years later I figured out why the local herd would not grow. The locals controlled the population! Deer are attracted to a good buffet just like people. I fed the deer just not buffet style. Every morning for 3 days in a row about 7:00 am I would here a single shot...boom. On the forth morning I was ready for the shot and almost on cue...boom. Come to find out the neighbor that was disabled had planted a big field, an agricultural field with ten times what the herd could ever eat the entire season for that area. The deer were coming from miles to eat the buffet! The guy would drop his kid off at the bus stop, drive around to the field and drop a deer from his truck, come back, and clean it. Never could see more than one deer for very long on that place. For people with deer problems there is usually always someone nearby that will come out and control the population, this guy would be that guy if you have one nearby. I reckon after seeing that makes me almost always against agricultural farms shooting and leaving deer unless they make an effort to let someone control the population that can use the meat. Coyotes would have never stood a chance or any predator if it eat their deer meat on these folks land. These folks would sit day and night to wipe out all the predators, but they would leave just enough deer to have some for the next year. They should be the show Meat-eaters not on it!