Originally Posted By: D Wilborn
We have some how gotten off track about the bill. It is NOT a Pro-baiting Bill. It is a Pro-feeding bill. People who are baiting will continue to bait. This will let those who would like to FEED quality feed to the deer on their property and continue the practice during deer season without being shut down. It will still be illegal to hunt over the bait. The only people I can possibly see being against this, would be those who are baiting. Those who bait will not be as successful if their neighbors can keep putting feed out, also.

A person can "feed" now and can't hunt over it, so if that is all that the bill is, then why is it "needed"? Sounds a whole lot more like a "baiting" bill to me or a bill to placate someone that has a monetary interest in "baiting" or "feeding".

It's funny, I am against it and I don't "bait" or "feed" out of a "deer" corn or "deer" feed bag, so that comment may need to be reeled back in.

To sum it up, a person can already do what the bill will allow and not everybody that is against the bill "baits", so I guess there is no justifiable reason for the bill. thumbup

Last edited by Fun4all; 05/10/12 09:14 PM.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope