Originally Posted by Jdkprp70
Ramcat fixed blade, great flight and penetration

I’ve used a lot of different fixed and mechanical heads over the years. Only ‘failure’ was an original muzzy fixed blade. Partly the fault of the shot (hit main shoulder bone), but those thin muzzy blade sheared off on entry, and exit was a pencil hole. Found pieces of blades on the ground at impact site. Tracked small blood in thick stuff for a while, until it ran out. Looked for two days. Found it later in gun season with arrow hole in shoulder bone and blade pieces in the bone. Just always picked stouter bladed heads after that. Maybe it was a fluke. Only takes one to burn you, though.

I’ve had excellent results with most anything that shot well, mechanical or fixed. One piece in my stick bows have been great, too.
If it’s sharp, sturdy, and flies good, it’ll kill deer quick.

Last 5-6 years have used Ramcats (100-125) exclusively with compounds and the kids crossbow....only head I’ve seen that consistently leaves good blood out the entry AT the impact site, and not just 5-10 yards after the deer takes off. Not a deal maker/breaker, but it’s nice to know exactly where it was hit, when starting out in the dark. .....but the main thing is they’ve flown very accurate and with field tip consistency, so I have no excuses. wink I am thinking of tryin their expandable heads they have out.

My youngest shot a skittish doe about 5yrs ago, at over 40 with the crossbow that reversed the quarter on us at the shot....ram at blew through front shoulder, three ribs, rear femur, and part of pelvis ( deer contorted like heck at the shot). It hit the ground back first. Literally blew it off it’s feet. Buried a foot deep in a chert mound behind it, and I’m still shooting that head today....blades were a bit bent, but head was great.