Originally Posted by gman
Am i understanding that some folks don't mind an AGENCY writing LAWS? Been a while since i took civics, but i don't remember that being how it worked?

Exactly! The ATF has flip-flopped multiple times on their interpretation of braces.
Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by wmd
Yeah you got me Gomer, the ATF never revisits decisions (couldn't find the LAW your mentioned pertaining to the legality of braces as shoulder stocks) as new products are introduced (rightly or not). Maybe the next Congress will actually codify the new technologies into law, because that would make everybody's life easier and what could go wrong there?

Just so we're all clear here........you're a-ok with the ATF giving the "all-clear" to a company to sell a product, then later coming back and saying "we changed our mind, those are illegal now" , and giving you, the purchaser, the options of:

1. surrendering the product, or
2. paying a $200 extortion fee, or
3. going to jail for 10 years and/or paying a $10,000 fine and being labelled a felon

Am I inferring your intent correctly? Because that's essentially what you're saying if you support these actions.

Nah, your inferring skills need some work. And I guess my googling skills need some work too because I could not find where the ATF had given approval to Q's pistols.

"Any way you look at it, most of the problems facing baboons can be expressed in two words: other baboons" -
D.L. Cheney and R.M. Seyfarth