Originally Posted by bojo
I forsee alot of deboned "out of state" deer ahowing up at the processors this year.

According to some, Alabama was in the dark ages in regard to informing The Man about taking The Man's animals unlike other states with check-reporting systems.

So if you have a deboned deer, meat or a carcass from another state where checking is required you would, if being legal, also have a confirmation number from that state to provide.

While I think the processor requirement is horsecrap, just saying "it's from another state" won't hold up if that "other state" has a check system, confirmation numbers and so forth. Bringing a game animal across state lines in violation of a state's laws/regs would be, potentially, a federal Lacey Act violation should The Man want to get really serious about it.

But with just a $50 fine here in Alabama for not checking a deer, it's not even a bother. That's like flicking away a mosquito. Scary penalty, no teeth.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020