Several in the bag of tricks. And all of this has to do with how they are tuned. You need to be able to tune your own call otherwise you have a worthless piece of plastic or wood hanging around your neck.

For a soft call I like an Echo Timber Single Reed. They have always made a solid call. I have several wood and Acrylic models and I swap them around.

For a louder call I have an R&T Original that Butch made for me probably 30+ years ago and I can't say it is any better than any other call but it will ring out. I have an Echo Boss and several other R&T calls but that particular call is just a good one. I also have a DC Mondo that is a little different in how you have to blow it but it will kill some ducks if you need to change up the sound. An Olt Cutdown is in the bag of tricks as well.

And then there is a Reelfoot Call. That's what I use to get ducks attention way out. There is no replacement for a metal reed call for distance or in the wind. It has both a louder sound but also a much more clear sound at that volume. Meaning it still has a raspy duck sound at a very loud volume. Much louder than an Arkansas style call with the squealing high ball at the same volume level. You can quack with the Reelfoot and across open ground you can hear it for LONG way. The sole purpose there is getting a duck ok to look over and notice your spread.

I also use a Drake Mallard call, Pintail Whistle and a Gadwall call just as much as a mallard duck call.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.