Originally Posted by ALFisher
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
If your ultimate goal is to cut way back on the season and limits, then you want an enforcement tool, and GC is it. We said this was the goal when it started and it all seems to be right on schedule. But it hasn't passed yet. Write your CAB member and tell him what you think.

Why would this be their ultimate goal unless some science (whether that be GC or valid sampling, I don't care which) supported it? That doesn't make any sense. If the answer is MONEY, then obviously there is more money in having a long season (see, for example, deer season). I just don't see anyone cutting the season short for the sake of cutting the season short, or cutting bag limits just for the sake of cutting bag limits.

Now, whether they actually have ANY scientific reason to cut the season shorter or to cut the bag limit is an extremely valid question. If they have, they haven't bothered to share that with us, other than to say vaguely that populations are down. What's their proof in that? That's what I want to see.

In my area, there seem to be lots of turkeys. This year's hatch seemed to be very, very good. Probably a combination of drier and warmer weather at hatch time. In my area, the weather around hatch time seems to make a huge difference.

They have already proven they don’t make management decisions based on facts or science. They pushed the season back last year “to be fair to weekend hunters”.

Micah 6:8