I posted this quote in another thread but I’m gonna repost it and talk more about it. It’s a very good thought provoking quote made by one of the titans of the early hunting industry. I encourage everyone to spend some time thinking about what he is saying …….

“The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant, "What good is it?" If the land mechanism as a whole is good, then every part is good, whether we understand it or not. If the biota, in the course of aeons, has built something we like but do not understand, then who but a fool would discard seemingly useless parts? To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering.”

--- Aldo Leopold

I’ll use dog fennel as my example since everyone seems to refer to it so much. Look at how many folks “hate” dog fennel and curse it for having no use…..However, how much do we really know about the plant and its place in the larger ecosystem. Why do folks hate it so much?.....Do they even know or is it "just because",...... Everything about a healthy flourishing food plot during the summer months does not simply revolve around stuff the deer will eat. It’s the soil after all that’ s the foundation for producing those forage species and something has to take care of it. Might dog fennel be a keystone specie in the management of the soil? I for one believe it probably is……More on that to come…..

Last edited by CNC; 08/24/20 01:35 PM.

We dont rent pigs