Originally Posted by AC870
Originally Posted by jb20
Originally Posted by ridgestalker
Originally Posted by CNC
That's been going on forever. North Jackson was notorious for doing it back when I played in the 90's. My junior year I played against a linebacker from Cleburne Co in the playoffs that was like 6'3" 230 lbs.....I played against him again my senior year against North Jackson.....He was ranked as one of the top players in the state and was suppose to sign with Bama before he ended up stabbing somebody or something like that

Bunch of Chiefs on here you better watch it.😬

I heard u was pretty good back in the day cnc...

CNC was good!
I watched a hell of a lot of his games.
The guy ahead of him got hurt. Team didn’t miss a beat.
CNC owned his position after that.

Sorry fellas.....Wasn't trying to ignore you....I'd completely forgot about making this post down here.... laugh

Thanks AC....I appreciate it....Hard to believe them days have been so long ago now.

Jb20......Ol' AC and I have stood on the sidelines beside one another during many a game back in the day. I was a good high school football player is about all I can say really....nothing spectacular like the phenoms you see today. I was a 4 year letterman.....playing some as a freshman. My sophomore year I was the starting outside linebacker and like AC said....when one of the RB's got hurt I started going in here and there at RB to help out.....My Junior year they moved me to RB full time and I ended up being the 2nd all time at Guntersville when I graduated. What's really impressive though if you look back is that I played side by side with Willet and Looney who both probably ended up being in the top 5 or 6 themselves at the time. I was also 17 years old when I graduated too being the youngest person in my class....I should have probably been a grade below what I was.

I wish I would have known back then what I know now and I could have been a lot better. They always tried to get me to put on weight.....put on weight.....put on weight.....but my body just didn't want to do it. I was 185 lbs and bench pressed 320......hang cleaned and power press 285.....squat 400......but I couldn't gain body weight for chit.....Trying to do so just kept me overweight really. I could run a 4.6 at that weight but that wasn't anything spectacular for what colleges were looking for. A lot happened my senior year too with a great coach getting run off and the guy who lasted 2 years being brought in,,,I was ranked in the top 10 RB's in the state going into my senior year making the Bham paper's list of prospects they put. out.....By the time my senior season was through though it had all went to chit.....The new coach gave me the ball like 10 times the first game and maybe 9 or 10 the second game.....People were like WTF!!!.....The preacher that always gave a speech pregame just outright said...."What are we doing!?!?" in one of his speeches and it pissed the coach off to no end....(We had just come off of back to back 10-2 seasons under the other coach)....So the new coach made it a point to keep it up for another few games until we were like 0-5 to start the season. Finally about midways through the season he gave me the ball 34 times and I took it for something like 250 yards and 4 touchdowns......The next game 190 yards and 3 touchdowns.....etc.....I had a 70 yard run and a 50 yard run both called back in that game as well.....The damage was already done though. I still ended the season with 1100 yards or something like that but it wasnt good enough to go on to play college.

The reason I mention them trying to make me gain weight is because after my senior year of football was over my high school sweetheart broke up with me and I got real depressed and lost down to about 170 lbs right before track season. I ended up running in the state finals of the 200 m dash and anchored the 4 x 100 relay in the 4a state finals as well. I could smoke guys who were faster than me just a few months before during football season. i was never timed in the 40 again but I had to be running low 4.5's or 4.4;s......When I was in my early twenties I went from 180 lbs to 220 nearly overnight and now I'm 6'1" 230 lbs.....I was a late bloomer.

But....that's my trip down memory lane....Got a lot of good stories back then....like when we scheduled the #1 team in the state....N. Jackson.... for home coming and beat them. in the final drive of the game after them jumping up on us 14-0 in the first few minutes..... I hit the #1 prospect in the state DE 6'7" 265 lb "Man Mountain" with everything I had....and it was like running into a brick wall!! laugh

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 08/21/20 02:56 PM.

We dont rent pigs