Just doing a little more reading........Here's one more link taking about the idea of mob grazing and wildlife management for anyone interested......This is a good subject to read about even if its not something you plan to do...It helps you see how the concepts are all the same even if we apply them in different ways......

Not sure why this doesn't directly link you to the article....If you want to read all of it just copy and paste the address into your browser and it'll pull it right up........

https://theeagle.com/landandlivestockpost/mob-hit-grazing-cattle-to-boost-whitetail-deer-numbers/article_3f2ca5f9-c86c-5604-a065-ebd3abaee741.html#:~:text=%22I%20can%20say%20that%20mob,green%20growth%20that%20deer%20relish.

Deer improvement

We high-fenced the property in 2000 and in 2010, we started mob grazing," Addison said. "By 2012, deer with maximum antler scores of 208 inches were harvested. In 2014, 10 bucks scoring more than 190 inches and five with more than 200 inch antlers were identified. The largest buck was harvested and scored 254 6/8 Boone and Crockett gross. Our deer currently have more antler mass and points than anytime during the 14 years of being in the hunting business. We also have more deer than before. Was mob grazing responsible for the improved deer population? "I can say that mob grazing of cattle has improved deer habitat," Addison said.

Mob grazing allows me to impact everything growing in a given area, which creates a more diverse plant community. Cattle break and tramp down brush promoting sprouting of new green growth that deer relish.There is very little woody plant understory in our native hardwood groves due to the cattle. The result is a mixture of grass, forbs and sprouts which entice the cattle and deer to feed in these areas. Deer on the Addison ranch eat only native vegetation. There are no food plots or supplemental protein feeding. Corn is fed during hunting season to make the deer more visible. Wildlife on the ranch is cared for through management, not money.

Cattle improvement

The same principle of low-cost management is utilized in the cattle enterprises also. There are no purchases of feed, hay, fertilizer or cattle insecticides.

Alright moving on........Let's get back to planting food plots....... smile

Last edited by CNC; 08/21/20 12:45 AM.

We dont rent pigs