Originally Posted by wmd
Originally Posted by jwalker77
So whats the protocol for punishing citizens who break an executive order? I havent heard about too many fines being issued. I figure there have been some. But with as many people as there are blatently disregarding the executive order, you would think there would be more. I figured there was a problem legally enforcing the mandate. Easier to enforce it at a business level. Close businesses because of health code violations, revoke business liscenses and such. Kindof have the businesses do their dirty work for them. This is just the things running through my head. Asking you because you know "the law"

§ 31‐9‐22. Penalties.
Any person violating any provision of this article or any rule, order, or regulation made pursuant to this article
shall, upon conviction thereof, be fined not more than $500, and may also be imprisoned in the county jail or
sentenced to hard labor for the county for not more than six months.

But many law enforcement agencies have said they will either (a) enforce it through education rather than through arrest/citation or (b) not enforce it; makes most/all of Alabama a "sanctuary state" for the no-mask crowd.

Its pretty obvious that almost all law enforcement have decided not to enforce the mandate. Not all, because im sure there have been a few fines issued, but almost all. Why do you think this is?