CAL

Benjamin Russell fishes in the ASABFA organization. Spring qualifiers were turned upside down by Covid and some teams/schools/parents etc, were not happy with the way the organization handled the championship. No points carried forward from the qualifiers due to some schools having 3, 2, 1, or no qualifiers fished. It all came down to 2 days of fishing on Guntersville. A north and a south division was created and each fished a day. Points carried over to the championship and everyone got to fish. Total points from both days determined championship rankings. With the circumstances the way they were, I was pretty satisfied with the way they handled it. It's about the kids fishing with the healthy spirit of competition, not adults complaining about the loss of qualifier points. I was glad we got to end the season with a championship tourney and not have the season end with no closure.

As for boats........ We started the season in a Tracker 175 borrowed from my father. We traded in our Yamaha pleasure boat over the Christmas break on the Z19 we have now. Nothing wrong with the tracker, but tournament fishing is very much a time management game. When you can get from point A to Point B in half the time and handle rougher water better it does make a difference.

David