We are in Uncharted Waters. All we know how to do at this point is print more money. Greenspan had an obsession for lowering interest rates after the Dot Com Bubble. Then 911. Then rates contributed at least in part to the 2008 crash they created the housing bubble. Then Obama straight printed money for 8 years. Now Trump isn't showing much fiscal responsibility. Now Covid-19 hit.

How long can you really kick the can down the road? It is clear to me what the problems with our economy are. The main one being CHINA. And a bunch of people barely getting by month to month because our job growth has been terrible for 20 years. Wages have been stagnant for about the same. Greenspan hacked our interest rates 1/2 a point three times in a row. They were nearly 7% in 1999 and by 2001 they were something like 2%. The economy has never recovered. If the economy had actually recovered then the rates would have moved up. THAT is how this works.

This is why people like Greenspan, Dr Fauci and others should not be allowed to control ANYTHING. Greenspan as smarter than anyone else? Fauci? Sure. History will prove that to be completely false.

The honest truth is we don't know what is going to happen. Really.

I know that a lot of people don't fully understand all this because it is complicated and difficult to understand all the relationships between these things you hear. Personally I am scared to death. We are in trouble. Make no mistake about it. And if someone like Biden gets elected who is going to hinder economic growth further the situation is going to get worse.

Last edited by Goatkiller; 07/31/20 02:15 PM.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.