Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by StateLine
Yamaha
...somebody had to do it.
grin

All the Honda folks talk about both how tough they are and how many different ones they have owned. I've never owned but one - a Timberwolf 250 that we've had for 25 years. Why do you guys have to replace your Hondas every few years? An ATV should be a once in a lifetime purchase if it's any good. smile

Well, I will admit that the old Yamaha is about done for, but then I am too, so it may yet last a lifetime.

I have an 87 Kawasaki Bayou and a 98 Yamaha big bear.
Both of em get used almost every day and still serve me well.

The Timberwolf has a partially blown head gasket, but it will still run ok. I don't know how much longer it will do that, but it held together long enough to spray the chufas and put out N this year. If it run enough to plant the clover and do some spraying this fall it will have made another year of work. I don't know if it's worth spending the money to fix it or not. I have always tried to wash it off good after putting out fertilizer, but the frame still has a lot of rust. I may just junk it when it dies. Guess I will buy a Honda if I am still alive when it happens. smile

My frame has some new welded tube because of the fertilizer issue. That stuff is really hard on metal.