Has anyone ever came across any research on deer or dogs ability to smell at night compared to during the day. I've heard a lot of different numbers this out there over the years about how far away a deer is capable of smelling you. I know I've been busted at 200 yards before. There's no one correct answer though because it completely depends on the conditions. I think it would be pretty eye opening if somehow we could determine some max ranges that deer zrs capable of picking up different scents at night....coyotes as well. Im betting that in certain situations like creek bottoms or long hollers, etc....It would not be far fetched to guess that they could pick on good odor from 500-1000 yards. If the scent satyed contained in terrain that kept it funneled it would flow for a long ways across the landscape at night....Coyotes are finding a lot of the wounded deer at right within hours of the deer being shot. Ive come to the conclusion that they're air scneting them from a good ways away because of how favorable scenting conditions are for them at night. They find them so quickly so often that you can rule out it being just random chance of just luckliy passing close

We dont rent pigs