Originally Posted by bama_earl
Originally Posted by AU67Skeeter
If we were given the option for everyone to wear masks or the gov't (be it local, city, county, state, or fed) forced businesses to shut down, which would you do? I was asked this earlier today from a guy at work. I hate the mask thing and haven't worn one yet. However, I think I would consider it if meant businesses could remain open, continued economic recovery and no need for the Federal Government to spend anymore borrowed money.

Look at the drastic drops they are seeing in Europe, Japan, and Canada because they locked down sooner, and more people wore masks out in public. We could end this sooner and really get back to business if we would stop turning common sense into a political stance.

I have said this before, I have no issues wearing a mask. I wear a sun guard for fishing and I can wear it 8hrs in one stretch no issues. That type of face mask is sufficient for what is required in Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile...etc.

Japan did not lock down. They shut down for a few weeks. You need to educate yourself a little better.

The reason other countries had the huge spike and then drop is because it largely ran it's course while they were ineffectually bumbling around trying to figure out what to do. It ran it's course like any other illness does. Now they are past it and moving on. We, on the other hand, are dragging it out by playing tiddly winks with it. If we just open up, let it run it's course, just like the flu, the problem will go away eventually. But no, we need to crush the economy to get an agenda pushed and that's exactly what is going to play out. Damned if I'm wearing a mask unless it's absolutely necessary.. Not happening. I needed to get tags and pick up my ccp so I had to mask up long enough to do that and then it's off again. Drove to Shelby county for lunch. Won't spend one damned penny in Jefferson that I don't have to. I hate it for the business owners. It sux for them. They need to band together, get an attorney and sue the county commission for dereliction of duty. The health officer should have zero power to do a damned thing other that suggest to the commission they pass a statute. Instead they give him full power to hurt anyone he chooses for any reason he chooses. That's bulldoodoo. I've already offered to send $300 to any attorney someone can point me to that will file that lawsuit. People need to be held accountable and the JCC has been completely absent to reign in the health officer.

Character is not developed in moments of temptation and trial. That is when it is intended to be used.