Originally Posted by demp17
They are doing a race from Arkansas to somewhere in Georgia and the road I live on is the main route they take. My GSP has motivated them daily to move faster for the past week. Matter fact I caught one in mid swing with his walking stick this morning. Told him to put the stick down all she would do is lick you to death.

It's the annual HOTS road race from Memphis to a spot in NW Georgia. It's 304 miles long.

The route shown on the HOTS site is U.S. 72 almost the entire way except for a portion in Huntsville that goes through Five Points up Bankhead, southish through the 'hoods to U.S. 431, over Monte Sano and south to Owens Cross Roads. From there the runners go on Gum Spring Road to Cherry Tree and wind back through to U.S. 72 east.

Part of that reason is for a local runner who died last year from cancer, and who was well known for years in the regional distance running community. The other reason is to highlight the Huntsvllle Land Trust properties downtown and on Cherry Tree. After it gets on 72 again it goes to and through Scottsboro, crosses BB Comer Bridge, hangs a left and goes uphill, and then onward through the country to its finish.

Here's the route. Zoom out or in on the map. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ll=34.69346031868476%2C-85.74263915135818&z=13&mid=1k8hbNxJJGwXN7qIZZaHU-ilvtESywP1S

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020