Originally Posted by blade
Originally Posted by Irishguy
Originally Posted by blade
Originally Posted by Irishguy
Can you post up the mac and cheese recipe? grin

Seriously man... good looking grub.

Kraft Blue Box is the best macaroni and cheese period. Anyone who spends time making homemade is wasting their time, haha.

Go ahead and have a funeral for your taste buds because they are dead. grin

Hahaha, Homemade mac n cheese and mashed potatoes are wayyyyyyy over rated! Blue box kraft and ore idas! Sorry Snakebit, didn’t mean to derail your thread! Irish and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You have just never tasted mine. grin

We don't even go to the center of the grocery store unless we need something like sugar, coffee, flour, beans, rice, etc.... Most of the time we go around the perimeter and get fresh vegetables, fresh meats, eggs, dairy, beer, fresh bread and we are out of there. If I open up a box of something in the kitchen I feel like I'm not doing my job as a cook. Once you get use to cooking regularly it is surprising how fast you can whip up stuff from scratch and how much better it taste than artificial stuff.

Not getting on my high horse here, because back in the day I used to make Hamburger Helper for God's sake, but I am saying that fresh, whole foods are better for you and more of a joy to cook. And that's part of what makes life great... Our experiences.

For instance...

You could go to the store and buy hamburger meat and eat, but instead we buy all this equipment, 4 wheelers, hunting clothes, blinds, stands, all kinds of guns, bows and arrows, buy land or lease property so we can kill deer and turkey. Why do we go to all that trouble ostensibly for meat. Because of the experience that's why. Why should cooking or carpentry or fly fishing or anything else be any different?

I guess I'm trying more and more everyday to be more of a process oriented person than a goal oriented person. It kind of goes against our Western culture, but I find it way more satisfying.

Sorry for the tread derailment Snakebit. I would scarf down that meal in a New York minute. Kraft Mac and Cheese and all... grin

Last edited by Irishguy; 06/26/20 06:46 AM.