Originally Posted by fladeerhntr
Originally Posted by FurFlyin
I'd imagine that with Mercury being dumped the extra boats to power, an average Joe is going to have a hard time repowering a boat for the next little whilte.

I agree because it was virtually impossible to get one before this. April of 1019 I burned a piston up in my 250 pro xs 2 stroke and had every intention of getting a new 250 pro xs 4 stroke. There was just one little problem and that was that nobody in the entire country had just a loose engine and the waiting period for just an engine was 12-22 months. For this reason I just took it to someone to have the damaged cylinder bored out and a new piston,rings,bearings and injector installed for way less than what a new engine was gonna cost me.

Maybe. Maybe not. We're a Tier 1 supplier to MM. They were already months behind on orders for the engines we make parts for. However, with Covid-19, they've pulled castings we were making back in house because they now have available foundry capacity.

Side note: Our biggest customers are in two markets: Marine and Lawn and Garden. The marine customers (not just Merc) don't think they'll ever see the orders they lost during the pandemic. The lawn and garden guys ran hard long into the pandemic because their marketing folks think their customers will come back full force. Its interesting how differently two groups are forecasting the recovery.