</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
3rd gen Tacoma bed cover
by rkt. 06/12/24 09:16 AM
Looking to Buy
by Big Bore. 06/10/24 10:03 PM
FS Rem 700 MTN 270 WIN
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 06:58 PM
Rem Model Seven LSS 358
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 04:54 PM
FS Rem 11-87 Premier 12ga Light Contour
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 03:40 PM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by hawndog. 06/11/24 07:53 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 06/10/24 09:45 AM
Feeders and Hogs
by PYhunter. 06/09/24 10:27 AM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by 2 ducks. 06/08/24 07:48 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Coosa1. 06/08/24 08:20 AM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Diamond Mountain Club
by Stoney. 06/09/24 08:30 PM
Hunting Club Jefferson/Tuscaloosa Line
by Austin1. 06/07/24 09:08 PM
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Who's Online Now
121 registered members (just_an_illusion, Shane99, Stacey, 7PTSPREAD, Buck1976, Cuz-Pat, mzzy, Brian_C, BPI, Joe4majors, AJones, Chaser357, goodman_hunter, limabean, Dead down wind, PineTop, Mulcher, Bamajoz, Dean, jwalker77, Ben Downs, Semo, KnightRyder, Jdkprp70, CatHeadBiscuit, CNC, JDW25, MS_Hunter, jb20, Jus_me, NWFJ, BRP549, klay, Gobble4me757, 000buck, Omega One, mw2015, BC, BentBarrel, Zzzfog, shootnmiss, !shiloh!, Dixiepatriot, Morris, abolt300, Thisldu, Paxamus, Chiller, Buckshot77, biglmbass, Ten37, Raspy, mossyback, Ditchdigger, outdoorguy88, janiemae, slippinlipjr, MikeP, blade, AU338MAG, crenshawco, clayk, Beer Belly, Tigger85, Gotcha1, Bake, jchurch, fingers, Floorman1, GUT_SHOT, Lvlhdd, Holcomb, BC_Reb, centralala, hosscat, hawndog, CarbonClimber1, metalmuncher, C3SEAST, Jweeks, gman, woodduck, sanderson, BamaBoHunter, square, Mbrock, sj22, straycat, CrimsonWSM, hamma, AU7MM08, Antelope08, Tree Dweller, Herdbull, Big AL 76, Wahoo, dirtwrk, cuztoshaw, Ridge Life, hippi, JHH, okfuski, jake5050, Turkeyneck78, leroyb, bug54, Dragfan66, hunterturf, 13 invisible), 613 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: MarksOutdoors] #3137295
06/04/20 09:04 AM
06/04/20 09:04 AM
Prattville, Alabama
Skullworks Offline
Freak of Nature
Skullworks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Prattville, Alabama
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

I've never even heard of this site. Just browsing through it's menus it looks to be VERY Afro-centric.

No doubt.

"I'm not near as critical about how big they are as I once was. Smiles are more important now! We will grow more deer."
Jimmy G.
Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: gcr0003] #3137387
06/04/20 11:20 AM
06/04/20 11:20 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by gcr0003
Is church of the highlands Mormon or something? I was told it was a cult?

Ain't that what all the folks in small churches say about large churches though? They always say large churches have liberal theology too.

I guess Highlands would be non-denominational, but my personal description is it's "independent Baptist", meaning it's "orthodox" Baptist theology without the legalistic slants that most "Southern" Baptist pulpits espouse (which is whey those smaller churches often accuse big churches of "liberal" theology). It has a Calvinist/Reformed "slant", but that's MY feelings about the majority of their (our) theology, I'm not sure if the leadership would agree about that or not. Honestly I'm far more Reformed than Highlands is, but they are "close enough" that I can accept it...they are the closest thing I can find to what I like.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: ikillbux] #3137407
06/04/20 11:39 AM
06/04/20 11:39 AM
Hartselle, AL
N
NWALJM Offline
10 point
NWALJM  Offline
10 point
N
Hartselle, AL
Originally Posted by ikillbux

Ain't that what all the folks in small churches say about large churches though? They always say large churches have liberal theology too.

I guess Highlands would be non-denominational, but my personal description is it's "independent Baptist", meaning it's "orthodox" Baptist theology without the legalistic slants that most "Southern" Baptist pulpits espouse (which is whey those smaller churches often accuse big churches of "liberal" theology). It has a Calvinist/Reformed "slant", but that's MY feelings about the majority of their (our) theology, I'm not sure if the leadership would agree about that or not. Honestly I'm far more Reformed than Highlands is, but they are "close enough" that I can accept it...they are the closest thing I can find to what I like.

LOL....COTH is about the furthest thing from Reformed I can think of.

Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: Ben2] #3137415
06/04/20 11:47 AM
06/04/20 11:47 AM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
The Ps (preachers, politicians, and people) need to quit apologizing for their opinions unless they did something wrong other than express an opinion. If they apologize every time someone is offended by their opinion, their opinion will never make a difference and therefore it counts for zilch.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone on Aldeer..........well, no I'm not really.

There was a time when the opinion was if a preacher is not stepping on toes, he's not doing his job. Now in the quest to keep everyone in church and not offend anyone they dance jigs in the pulpit to keep off toes.

Last edited by jawbone; 06/04/20 11:50 AM.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: NWALJM] #3137500
06/04/20 01:18 PM
06/04/20 01:18 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by NWALJM

Then you and I don't agree what Reformed is. It's okay, nothing to argue or debate, but FOR THE TENETS OF REFORMED THEOLOGY that I'm drawn to, they are. I'm not referring to the exacting system of T.U.L.I.P. (otherwise I'd use "Calvinism" instead of Reformed). However, I can tell you they are tip-toed right up on the edge of all the tenets except limited atonement.

In the context of the Reformation, one of the fundamental understandings is Christ is the active agent (not you), and the work is finished (rest in it). That's ALL I'm referring to when I associate COTH and Reformed. You don't get a sermonette about ways to behave or "work" on your faith. You get a systematic exposition of the passages, always in the context of Christ is the focus (not you), and it is 1000% grace focused, YOU don't have to perform or work or strive or wear a damn mask of shame because you are guilted about not being a "better Christian". That's all I'm talking about. When you hear me say "Reformed", just know that I'm 99% talking about the Holy Spirit being the active agent, and the preacher isn't up there talking about how to be better at external moral behavior. Hodges REPEATEDLY drives that point home, and THAT makes them Reformed "slanted" in my eyes.

But in the end, I said they have a Reformed "slant" (they might not even intend to), and they might not agree with me saying that. I'm not advertising the doctrinal declaration of the church, I frankly don't even know what it is, but never do I leave thinking the preaching was a bully pulpit (and it got to where I virtually always thought that in the heavy-Armenian SBC church we left).

Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: ikillbux] #3137584
06/04/20 02:20 PM
06/04/20 02:20 PM
B
BPI Online content
14 point
BPI  Online Content
14 point
B

That's what is unique about Highlands. I'm not a member but I see that there are both Calvinist and Armenian believers who seem to attend there without a ruckus. The fact they are pulling it off is a miracle in itself. But if you look at the founders of the Highlands church it's not a lot different. Pentecostal folks along with regular baptists.

Any church that serves people and reaches the lost , I am for. Pretty sure God is for them as well.

Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: NWALJM] #3137591
06/04/20 02:24 PM
06/04/20 02:24 PM
B
BPI Online content
14 point
BPI  Online Content
14 point
B
Originally Posted by NWALJM

'

While the leadership is not reformed, a great deal of the people who attend are.

I've got nothing against those who believe in a reformed fashion , even if I'm not that way. The only thing I disagree with when it comes to this is that those who subscribe to it should be open about what they believe with their church leadership, and the church leadership should be open about what they believe to the congregation. This, in my opinion would cut down on a lot of division.

Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: Skullworks] #3137595
06/04/20 02:26 PM
06/04/20 02:26 PM
B
BPI Online content
14 point
BPI  Online Content
14 point
B

Chatlie Kirk is considered a "White Supremecist" now ? Just wow.

Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: BPI] #3137609
06/04/20 02:31 PM
06/04/20 02:31 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by BPI

That's what is unique about Highlands. I'm not a member but I see that there are both Calvinist and Armenian believers who seem to attend there without a ruckus. The fact they are pulling it off is a miracle in itself. But if you look at the founders of the Highlands church it's not a lot different. Pentecostal folks along with regular baptists.

Any church that serves people and reaches the lost , I am for. Pretty sure God is for them as well.

That's a good way of saying it. thumbup

Re: Church of the Highland Guys [Re: Ben2] #3137696
06/04/20 03:50 PM
06/04/20 03:50 PM
Henry county
coldtrail Offline
12 point
coldtrail  Offline
12 point
Henry county
What he did wasn't a sin. He is responding to and extolling grace. It's how we all should be.

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days" Ray Wylie Hubbard
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.