I was looking at that last hose bib on the upper deck one day and remembered that I still had our old demand propane fired water heated tucked down in the basement somewhere and decided why not build a shower up here. So after about 4 or 5 trips to Lowes in Ft. Payne trying to get all the right plumbing fittings and wood, we got to work. I had the vision and all she needed to do was follow the plan...

[Linked Image]

I figured if we were gong to have a shower way up there, we might as well have a tub too, so a quick trip to Tractor Supply in Ft. Payne and a tub we had!

[Linked Image]

But I couldn't just leave it at that. I insulated the tub with a 1" piece of rigid foam on the bottom and wrapped the sides with several layers of floating floor underlay that I had laying around. And of course you can't just leave it looking like that, so I ripped some of the fence boards in half, sanded them smooth, stained and sealed them to create sort of a wooden hot tub look...

The finished product:

[Linked Image]

I built a little wooden seat to hide the propane tank and a wooden box to hide the water heater:

[Linked Image]

The outside:

[Linked Image]

Of course you're wondering, "Hey Irish, what's the view look like while you are in the shower?"

It looks like this:

[Linked Image]