Originally Posted by jmudler
Originally Posted by deadeye48
Let us not forget that this guy had committed a crime and did resist and had to be restrained

Doesn't every American deserves a right to due process. I thought we were innocent until proven guilty.

Agreed. When you resist arrest and fight with cops, IMO, you pretty much get what you get. I'm sure had he said, "yes officer, let's get to the bottom of this situation, what do you need me to do", he probably wouldnt have ended up face down on the pavement with a knee in his neck restraining him. In any other situation, he actions in physically engaging the cops would be what is considered contributory negligence. I know for certain that I for one absolutely do not have the right temperament to be a cop. White or black, doped up or sober, it doesn't matter, start a physical altercation with cops, you have to deal with the consequences. IMO police have a hard enough job dealing with the general public on a daily basis. There is no longer any respect for LEOs, the law or authority, if there was, almost all of these types of situations would not ever happen.

Last edited by abolt300; 05/27/20 09:51 AM.