Originally Posted by bhammedic84
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors
Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum
My prediction based on the “facts” at this point...someone is going to prison. And it’s not the dead guy. Fault on both sides but it ain’t looking like it’s distributed equally...

I don't think it will be murder 1 like many of the civil rights groups want. Of course, the guy with the gun instigated the confrontation but in the video it looks like the guy with the gun is backpedaling while being pummeled with fists. This will be fodder for a seasoned defense attorney. I tried to bring this up on a Facebook discussion and was basically labeled a racist for it.

if this is what you are seeing then if anything the man doing the punching is acting in self defense. he was in fear for his life after being ran down and charged at with guns. yes the two (father/son) instigated this and it should have never got to the point where someone died, you can call him a piece of shucks thief of what have you, but if that was your son or dad or what ever that was shot dead because he looked like a suspect you all would be wanting justice as well

Look at it from the defense attorney's angle. I guarantee you they will exploit it to their full advantage. They will have a very capable team since they know the rest of their lives is at stake and will
have the house on a second mortgage to pay for it. Sure, we think we know the one punching is acting in self defense. But the optics of it are very clear. Lunging forward and throwing punches at a backpedaling person will be presented just as it is on the video.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton