Like I said, there will be a whole lot more to come out about what actually happened. Whether or not the shooting was justified remains to be seen. Here is an article from the Atlanta Constitution (liberal newspaper) which provides some additional information with regard the the deceased's criminal history. You know, minor stuff like carrying a gun to school, resisting arrest, 5 yrs probation, shoplifting conviction in 2018, probation violation, family history of run-ins with the law, etc

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/brun...-arbery-shooting/JkpbvTuJt9wfl3tkcLTTvO/

Here's a copy of the DA's recusal letter. Evidently the complete video has sound where they request repeatedly that he stop and also shows the deceased cutting across in front of the truck and being the aggressor in the situation (at least according to the DA's write-up of the event)
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe.../b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf

There is also another article stating that that video has audio with it, in which the deceased was told to stop and stay where you are. That same article references that there is video surveilance evidence of the deceased burglerizing another residence in the subdivision earlier in the week and that the ex officer in question recognized the deceased from the surveilance video as a result of working a prior case against him, so when he saw him run by in his neighborhood, they were attempting to stop him under citizens arrest until such time as police coudl arrive.

Like I said in my original post, while in the end, the actual facts might fully support a death sentence for these two white guys, in situations such as this, people should refrain from immediate judgement until all the facts are presented. Who knows where the facts may actually lead. For all we know, the DA might have just made all that up in his letter to protect and officer he knew. Fact is, nobody knows what really happened right now and everybody is chanting 'hang them", it's murder. Let's follow the facts and see where they lead before deciding guilt or innocence.

Last edited by abolt300; 05/08/20 01:39 PM.