I am a full time farmer myself. I always worked on farms for people when I was younger. I went to college and got a poultry science degree and worked for Pilgrims Pride for several years. I bought some cattle and hay equipment in 2007. In 2013 I planted 85 acres of corn, that was my first crop. In 2014 I planted 285 acres of crops and decided that between my crops and cattle that I could make it full time so I quit my job. God has really blessed me over the last six years and this year I am planting almost 1300 acres of crops. It is tough sometimes with the rain, too much or not enough and commodity prices being low, but if you can make a living doing something you enjoy life is so much more enjoyable.

I doubt many farmers would let your son run a planter, sprayer or combine and not being able to drive will limit what he can do as well. I would try to find a poultry farmer that has some cattle. He could help with the chickens and work in hay. I will pm you my number, feel free to text or call if you have any questions I might could help with.