Originally Posted by Phil_Army
6 feet apart and limited number of people in the store doesn't help much when:

- people are touching the same card reader without it being sanitized between customers

- buggies not being sanitized 100%

- door handles and door knobs not being sanitized

- cashiers being exposed to customers and then exposing all other customers

Those first three can be mitigated by sanitizing/washing your hands and sanitizing your card before you touch anything else in your vehicle. The fourth one, I agree with you about.

I have a pump bottle of hand sanitizer in my console and after I open the door, I sit down and put sanitizer in my right hand and then turn back to the left and rub my hands and wrists together really well while my hands are over the ground in case any drips and when my hands are dry, I pull my door shut. I realize not everyone has that style sanitizer or any for that matter. But for those that do, you can limit exposure by doing that. Personally, I think it is probably a good practice anyway and one that I will probably continue doing.

As for the products you buy from the store, if they require refrigeration, I am wiping them down with sanitizing wipes or washing them with soap and water before they go in the fridge or freezer. Other things I am letting sit a few days, if possible, before putting them up. I am only getting fresh produce that can be washed with soap and water as well.

Sure, I might be overdoing it, but it doesn't make things worse to my way of thinking and it will help, not just with this virus but all germs.

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.---Winnie the Pooh